burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongislemax View Post
quick review:

ewg 2014 535 6mt with mhd stage1

The bms pedal tuner definitely makes a difference. One of the reasons I got the MHD tune was to improve throttle response...which it did, but not quite enough. I ended up setting "Sport" mode to throttle only, as a prefer the ride quality of 'comfort" for NYC.

BMS pedal tuner makes a useful difference by being able to fine tune the throttle, separate from the suspension. I set it to stage 1 + 2 step increase. Normal driving and particularly downshifting is more direct. Tip-in is far better, which i thought was weak in sport mode before the pedal tuner, however I am inadvertently slipping the clutch a lot. Installation takes about 5min for anyone with a Torx30 bit.

i understand that there is a kick-down switch for auto cars. the throttle of 6mt does not have this. I am curious as to what difference this makes, and if there should be two different versions for 6mt/auto.
Similar impressions (also MHD stage 1)...also noticed it helps makes Comfort mode just a bit more aggressive and I end up moving into Sport mode a little less often.

I also keep mine in stage 1 (green)...stage 2 and 3 are fun for giggles but not practical for day to day, traffic or not. Maybe I'll get spoiled some day and start using it on a low stage 2 setting but doubt it.

Installation is super easy if you know what you're doing...for first timers, I recommend having a basic pair of pliers on hand to (very gently) use on the stock plug if you're having a hard time removing it from the pedal. Also, BMS has installation videos on their product page including instructions on how to calibrate, and if you don't calibrate you'll get drivetrain malfunction etc. so it's a must.

I have an auto car but don't see any kick down switch, and honestly don't even know what that is?
Appreciate 0