View Single Post
      07-30-2021, 06:57 PM   #114
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
So...slightly changing topic, as talking about Biles' "free vacation to Japan" and robbing another member of making the Olympic Team is getting old.

I dislike events (stretch to call it a sport) that are 'judged'. Creates an element to the game that is biased. Watching a few minutes of the men's gymnastics (cause the wife made me)...there was a comment about a deduction because he changed what he was planning to do. WTF does that even mean, why should a Judge know what the exact routine is beforehand. A judge should be watching and analyzing what they see, not stating 'oh, he should have done a triple twist with that double back...and changed it to a double - double'...deduct. I think back to that French skating judge that did the quid pro quo with the other judge.

Race a person, race a clock. Compete head to head, or as a group. That's a sport. Ski jumping should be how far you are in the air...not how good you look doing it.

Change my mind.

The definition of sport has been debated forever. There are many definitions by many sources. If you don't think judged competitions are sports, so be it. I would even think of trying to changing your mind.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50