11-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #49
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2004mj View Post
guess I didn't clarify enough. if I start the car and IMMEDIATELY shift to reverse it'll show the backup camera but instead of going back to radio/nav/etc it goes black and I have to touch it to wake it up or go back to the other screen. very minor issue that's happened one time. if I litterly wait a few seconds, basically normal day. throw my drink in the cup holder and buckle my seat belt then put it in reverse. then it's fine. but if you don't like it I understand, guess I got super lucky with no issues. just to clarify I'm also not running any other boot load or update etc. just the avin screen as it comes. no corruption or issues
Also to clarify, in my first unit I updated almost immediately and did all the things I usually do with these units to make them as I like them. But with the 2nd unit, because of the issues I had with the first, I did NOTHING to it other than plug it into the car. And it still got corrupted. So I knew something was wrong with at least some of these units, it was just a matter of convincing AVIN.

I think that now a few people have contacted me saying they have the same issue, and they have contacted AVIN as well, AVIN is finally admitting it wasn't just my units that had the problem. I will hopefully have some news to share next week though.

PS: I despise that "blue ray filter", as AVIN calls it. While it does a good job with glare, it blurs the onscreen text A LOT! I got rid of it initially because I didn't think I needed a filter in my car at all because it has tinted windows. It wasn't until I took it off that I realized how fuzzy it had been making the text. The text is so much crisper without it (if you can live with the glare, or can wait until AVIN has the non blue version soon, I would do without the "blue ray" filter. And make a point of looking at the text as you're peeling it off to see what I mean)

Last edited by EvntHrzn; 11-22-2020 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 0