Flyguyin23
Private
Rep
Drives: 15' M sport 528i dark blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylfer View Post
hey guy's i'm new on the forum
my name is Benny and i drive a f10 520D lci model from 2016

i would like to buy new wheels... i realy love the JR 28.
these only come in 8.5Jx20 and 10Jx20

i have read sooooooooooooooooooooo many forums alreay that i can't be sure any more, hence my next question if i buy the JR 28 what would be the perfect flush offset ?

i realy like when the wheels are even with the fenders(like not sticking out but also not going inwards) i think it is called aggressive stance ? or flush set up ? (correct me when i'm wrong)

so if i buy 8.5Jx20 for the front and 10Jx20 for the rear what would be the best offset for me ?

i also realy like strech tires (notting extreem, but realy realy subtle)
for that i would put 225/35R20 on the 8.5 and 255/30R20 on the 10J
would that give me a little strech ?

my car is lowerd on KW V1
also prio is no rubbing(rather 1 or 2 mm inwards and 100% no rubbing then 1mm more out and it rubs on the fenders)

atm the shop recommends me
8.5J Et 30
10J ET 30

should these be changed or not ?
Welcome to the forum brother! I was just on the serach for the perfect fitment and now that my car project is over for the season this is what i learned.

Im running 21 in Rohanna RFX7 thats 9 inches wide in the front with an offset of +20 with 245/35/21 tires. Im not super slammed to the ground but i am on coilovers thats at about the 18 setting for rebound and compression; it isnt a terrible ride but it for sure is stiff. (i prefer it that way) I dont experience any rub at all. so for the front your fine.

the back is 10.5 wide with a +30 offset wrapped in 285/30/21 tires. I tried to go with a super low stance like people who run a tucked setup but its a nogo with my offset. It rode really nice but on hard changes in the road it scraped. So i had to raise it about a half an inch. If it was +35 instead of +30 i could of gotten away with it being that low beacouse at +30 it scraped literally on the VERY EDGE of the tire. with that being said. The fitment is VERY flush with the tire tucked slightly ANY offset higher than +30 i have can tuck without rubbing with some camber. (not ridiculous camber like instagram boys, but a nice classy negative camber)

to use my setup compared to yours

your 10 +30 equals to 10.5 +36 which will clear with some camber. +40 will clear no issues without slight camber but may look a teeny tiny bit tucked.
yout 8.5 +30 equals 9 +36 which will clear no problem being i can clear with a wider wheel and lower offset.

Tires are important as well. fatter tires may not tuck as my setup did so keep that in mind.

My setup is literally on the line for flush and low without rubbing; Ill take some pictures and report back as well. Hope it helps!

Last edited by Flyguyin23; 04-18-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0