rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliplegend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm going to elaborate in a separate post, but your information never leaves your home with Loxone. Actually, Loxone's doesn't need the Internet at all (its only used for app control from outside the home). This is part of the reason Loxone is the go-to solution for homes operating "off the grid."
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Thanks. Your post reads a bit like the marketing materials. "50k tasks per year" and "most advanced system." There is nothing unique about what the materials and post describe. Example, occupancy sensors can do exactly what you describe with in terms of controlling lighting and hvac with Savant, Crestron and Lutron. I am interested in real world applications.

For instance, say you have a Jandy or Pentair pool controller. Can you natively control? Does Loxone make its own pool controller?

Another example. Sure you can control your own lighting but i would be reluctant to use a relatively new company for such a vital system when Lutron had robust, reliable systems and its much more likely they will be around and support in 10-20 years.

Really just trying to understand how this is any different or just marketing spin. No offense, honestly interested. Also, to address the post below none of the aforementioned automation systems require internet connection either.
Do you work for or with Loxone because I agree with rad doc, your post reaks of marketing.
He mentioned working for Loxone. I don't have a problem with that if I can get some good info on what the system provides. At least for now, it just seems like the same tech with a bunch of marketing spin. Maybe even less useful if no good integration with 3rd parties.
Appreciate 0