View Single Post
      02-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #53
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I've driven in Germany several times, mainly Frankfurt to Nurburgring and back on 4 separate occasions.

The biggest disappointment in Germany second only to the inedible food is the autobahn. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I found their left-lane etiquette only slightly better than here in CA. It was nothing close to the way the internet makes it out to be. I'd often find myself parked behind a basic BMW or Audi for a good 30-seconds at <180 KPH in the unlimited secions, which would only be unlimited for a short time anyway, followed by endless construction zones.
Could be lots of foreigners. Also not all the autobahn has no speed limit.. Some parts have no limit the rest have limits and are heavily enforced. Which sucks. At least you can go on a track there so easily as opposed to the US, where they make you sign so much paperwork because apparently if you crash on a track in America because you CHOSE TO GO THERE, its the tracks fault and they owe you money. No one in Europe thinks like this and they take responsibility, here. You need to sign a million waivers and pay through the roof compared to Europe just to have the "privilege" to go on the track.
Appreciate 0