Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
One thing you don't mention is the year of the car. Not that it matters in this case, but maintaining proper alignment is the owner's responsibility. IMHO, the only way a seller would honor a tire-wear problem is if they did an alignment with the tire purchase. That happened to my Dad years ago; he bought a set of tires and they did an alignment. They drove around 700 miles to our house in SLC and the toe was out so much that the outer edges of the front tires were severely worn. When they got back home he took the car back to the seller (I think it was Pep Boys or Sears) and they put on two new tires and did a proper, CORRECT alignment.

All this to say your Mom is going to need two new Turanza tires (try COSTCO). The tire concern should have been mentioned at the time of purchase, not a year later.
This!
Thx guys! I was pretty much convinced that there's no way they were going to honor it but my mom was asking me questions and I kind of thought I would get a feel from what others on the forums were thinking.

I agree she probably should've said something when she bought the car not 6000 miles later the car is a 2016.

My guess is that they sold the car with the original tires the front were wearing out but we're good enough to sell on the car in hindsight she should've demanded new tires upfront when she bought it and then it wouldn't be an issue.

On a positive note she totally loves the car and even though if it were me I would probably slap on some kind of non-runflat high-performance tires she loves the way it drives and doesn't wanna change the thing so I just grab her a new set of fronts
Appreciate 0