06-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #3
Klerin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
So you are thinking since they list several series of is one fits all?
More than likely they have bases for each.
If you want to double check, get your part number or look up the M part number and to to www.realoem.com .
Search that number and it should list cross compatibility.

Also, there are places that will rewrap your wheel.
Yeah I thought of that but I tried to go through with the transaction and it never gave me the option to choose between chassis. I am also aware that this company could be wrong/shady. I am just looking for someone to tell me it's a good ide to purchase that cheap and new steering wheel

part numbers are different but that could be because as others have mentioned in other threads, the 3 series/4 series use a wheel that is smaller in diameter, which I would not mind, since I think that would mean a slightly (of at all noticeable) steering feel. I can't find concrete info in this topic, as far a lci goes.

I thought about a wrapped wheel, but there are may things that I am not sold on, like the finish being sub-part (at least from some posts I've seen), the fact that someone mentioned heated feature doesn't work as well, possibly because heat is being dissipated through a larger area, and the fact that I'd probably have to ship it somewhere.

seems like I am at a loss and I'll have to bite the bullet and pay $800 for a new steering wheel.
Appreciate 0