View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 03:25 AM   #74
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hey guys,

As I've mentioned on a previous post, I'm on my third of these units (from AvinUSA) and it works great, finally.

I'm just running into a little snag, which really is minor in the scheme of things, but AVIN insists that the feet that attach to the bracket only use 2 screws per foot (4 total).

I know that this is not true because while I was returning and getting new units to try to fix an issue, one of them came with a complete set of 6 screws.

I tried to explain this to them, but they said they asked their engineer, and that he said it's only 4 screws. Anyone with eyes can clearly see it was meant to take 6.

Sure the unit holds with 4, but it's more secure and less wobbly with 6. I guess I'll have to source my own from the hardware store, but I just wanted to vent my frustration with AVIN after all the money that I have spent with them, they will not send me two measly screws

Here are some pics of what I mean (btw I don't know how it was for you guys, but the feet didn't already come attached like in my pics, I had to do that myself):

PS: All the images you guys are posting look great. I too love this unit in our cars. I see that most of you have chosen to keep the "blue light filter" on the screen. For anyone interested, I took mine off and the text is SOOOO much sharper than with it on. Sure there's a little more glare, but my car windows are all tinted so it's not bad.

Last edited by EvntHrzn; 01-05-2021 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0