05-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #66
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I think Bottas got his head screwed back on during the off season and is a different man, different driver, different everything this year. I also think Hamilton is at a point in his career where he doesn't feel the need to punt his teammate wide in Turn 1 (in Austin, cough) in order to get ahead of him.

Nico and Lewis had sparks flying between them. I don't see that with Bottas and Lewis. The season is long, and we're still early on, but at this stage I get the feeling that Lewis would be fine finishing second to Bottas in the WDC. He'll still drive for first, but not like he did against Rosberg.
Whilst Toto may make a big deal about both drivers being 'equal' in the team, make no mistake that Lewis is the star and future of the team for at least a few more years. Towards the latter part of the season all resources will be shunted Lewis's way unless Bottas is far ahead in the WDC; (doubtful).

Also, Bottas is only under contract for this year so in essence he is driving for the MB seat next year, and if he wants it he had best enable Lewis to win the WDC this year for #6, (if it is going Lewis's way and he's in a tight race with Vettel; Leclerc, etc).
Appreciate 0