View Single Post
      01-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #15
bigshout
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
Right finaly got the speakers and amp installed and at first i thought why i even bothered but some tweaking of the amp later and oh my god!! 😳 It sounds bloody awesome.

I like listening so its got plenty of highs and a fair amount of bass and this system does not dissapoint to the extent that both bass and treble are on about 2/3 max on the iDrive now. The bass is bloody awesome sounds like i have a sub in the boot (im not a bass junky by the way....lol) 😂

All i can say if you contemplating this upgrade and like your music then this is the best money i have spent on car upgrades.

Next week getting the Apline ezi dab unit fit as the f10 doesnt have DAB 😳
Panchoa, where did you fit the amp, where did you get the loom?

I have a well spec'ed 535i however the first owner was not interested in audio so didn't tick the box for Hi-Fi or L7 options but it did come with DAB and pro NAV .

I also the MB Quarts 200.3 setup and recently installed it as a direct replacement for the crappy BMW items, however I didn't opt for the amp. The difference is night and day and I was really surprised how well the integral amp works with these new speakers. There was one area I had to play with, the tweeters, I needed to select -6db in the cross overs otherwise the high notes were too harsh. I played with the different EQ pre-sets using E-sys however anything other than the default for the stereo setup was too flat and the idrive tone adjustments just didn't provide enough of a change.

All working well now other than the audio providing a little too much bass then turned up.

I’m 90% happy with the setup however I might look at adding the amp in the spring.
Appreciate 0