01-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
Potatohead
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black F11 M Sport 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshout View Post
Panchoa, where did you fit the amp, where did you get the loom?

I have a well spec'ed 535i however the first owner was not interested in audio so didn't tick the box for Hi-Fi or L7 options but it did come with DAB and pro NAV .

I also the MB Quarts 200.3 setup and recently installed it as a direct replacement for the crappy BMW items, however I didn't opt for the amp. The difference is night and day and I was really surprised how well the integral amp works with these new speakers. There was one area I had to play with, the tweeters, I needed to select -6db in the cross overs otherwise the high notes were too harsh. I played with the different EQ pre-sets using E-sys however anything other than the default for the stereo setup was too flat and the idrive tone adjustments just didn't provide enough of a change.

All working well now other than the audio providing a little too much bass then turned up.

I’m 90% happy with the setup however I might look at adding the amp in the spring.
Bigshout, I would be very interested too if you have any info on the amp install. I managed to pick up a very cheap second hand but brand new set. I too just upgraded my BASE system speakers to the mb200.3 last week with no amplification at the moment so running off the integral amp. Im suprised of the difference and really pleased (not 100% there but a huge difference on stock and as you said "night and day"). But I can hear that they will definitely benefit from additional amplification. Nothing too serious in terms of setup but I would love to amp up but have no idea where to start.
Appreciate 0