01-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #20
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshout View Post
Panchoa, where did you fit the amp, where did you get the loom?

I have a well spec'ed 535i however the first owner was not interested in audio so didn't tick the box for Hi-Fi or L7 options but it did come with DAB and pro NAV .

I also the MB Quarts 200.3 setup and recently installed it as a direct replacement for the crappy BMW items, however I didn't opt for the amp. The difference is night and day and I was really surprised how well the integral amp works with these new speakers. There was one area I had to play with, the tweeters, I needed to select -6db in the cross overs otherwise the high notes were too harsh. I played with the different EQ pre-sets using E-sys however anything other than the default for the stereo setup was too flat and the idrive tone adjustments just didn't provide enough of a change.

All working well now other than the audio providing a little too much bass then turned up.

I’m 90% happy with the setup however I might look at adding the amp in the spring.
The amp is fitted behind the carpet on the left hand side of the boot. You have to remove the carpet to tweak settings which is a PITA but it all looks totally stock which is what i wanted and once set up you dont need to mess around with the amp anyway.
Appreciate 0