Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 550I, 07 335I,

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmasry17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahone View Post
In my case my turbos were replaced along with all associated lines and gaskets. Though they chose to replace the valve guides instead of the whole engine for free. Took them 28 days.
Hey boss quick question. After they replaced the valve guides and turbos, any improved performance when driving? And did it solve the oil consumption issue? With new turbos do u feel better performance? Thanks buddy!
It's been 1600 miles since the repairs and I have not had any low oil warning and based on the gauge it has not moved either. In the past I would have gone through 4 quarts by now. It no longer gives off the puff of smoke when revving the vehicle after it's been idling. With the new turbos I have experienced better throttle response and a distinguishable improvement with lag. One real improvement is the acceleration from 70mph onwards once a shift down from 8th to 5th and throttle back up the gears. I no longer have to put it into any of the Sport modes when spirited driving is required. One thing I have done is place a bottle of lucas fuel cleaner with every full tank just to clean the combustion chamber as I was told by the BMW master mechanic that there was significant sludge on top of the engine due to all the leaks from the old turbos and the oil return housing.
Appreciate 0