View Single Post
      02-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #53
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

I have a 2010 750li with about 114k miles. The car burned a quart of oil every 150-200 miles. People would stop me on the streets and flag me down with how much smoke that thing produced. I stopped driving it and parked it because thats how bad it was and no one would take it in as a trade or even buy it.

About a month ago I took it in to dealer for the oil lawsuit. The dealer fixed the valve stems, turbos, rear main line, turbo actuators for free and I paid around 1500 to get all coolant lines replaced, water pump, thermostat, vanos solenoids, etc, etc. Some parts they bought, some I provided to them to get done at discount labor.

Picked the car up yesterday and it drives alright. Already got a low coolant alert and noticed it was a little low. Light still stays on even though coolant is full which makes me think the sensor probably went out.

Not too happy with the procedure. I don't think a 100k+ car should be needing this type of recall/notice anyway, its good BMW covered some of it but their techs don't give me much confidence in their work. The car was road tested by 5 people but the low coolant line comes on less than 100 miles later???0

In addition to that many other little issues with this car. When I stopped driving the car, it sat outside which also caused the air suspension to fail which now makes the ass sag if the car is not driven everyday.

All these things add up real quick. If I were to pay for all the fixes using the dealer we would be at nearly 35k-40k in repairs.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00