View Single Post
      08-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
JIPortillo
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i xdrive m sport

My F10 with 162k miles

My first BMW ever. 2013 BMW 535 M-Sport in carbon black metallic. I've owned this car for a year now. Bought it off of a BMW sales rep who was looking to upgrade. She was the only owner of the car and was her daily. Loved my Infiniti G25x but always felt like I was missing out on the power compared to the G37, so I sold it and got this.

The high mileage scared me at first (148k at the time) but after doing research and with her expertise of BMW, I learned that the N55 engine was one of the more reliable engines of BMW with proper care and maintenance. She had done all car work at her BMW dealership up to 100k miles then at an indie euro shop there after.

Some maintenance repairs that had been done prior to me owning where:
water pump replacement(@100k)
oil filter gasket replacement(@140k)
Valve cover gasket and spark plugs(@136k)

Since I've owned it I've loved every minute of driving it. Only real issue I've had was a driveshaft malfunction which ended up being the accelerator pedal being faulty so I replaced that. Also, the TPMS was already faulty when I bought it, and have been been putting it off since($500 was my lowest quote for the fix!).

This past year I've been immersing myself in the BMW world and learning more about the car through forums and YouTube videos.
Some things I need to get done and want to work on as well are the following:

1. Was told by the shop that the Guibo is starting to crack so I'll have to replace that soon.

2. Have been looking at transmission fluid kits on FCP Euro since there is no record of flush being done.

3. The front bumper has a ton of rock chips do to the previous owner taking it on long road trips like Chicago and Las Vegas(I live in the upper Midwest). Maybe take it to a body shop and have it repainted. Also replace the front lip since it's plastic and has cracks. Purchase a higher quality one.

4. I want to have the wheels refinished since there are also a lot of curb rashes on them from the previous owner. Maybe powder coated too.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share a bit of my experience with this car and what it's been like to own a BMW. The car runs great and it's been awesome owning it so far.

Also, if there are recommendations on what I should be looking out for (rod bearing replacement, suspension check, etc) or experiences with high mileage BMWs please share. I'd like to have this car running for as long as I can and take proper care of her!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5