05-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #81
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_S5 View Post
Not too many open freeway, but enough to open up your car

Anyways the key point is want as you said, I want to have a car and I want it in 6 cylinders, I don't like the sound of the new N20 although they have similar performance and will accelerate to speed and have enough power on demand just like the N55. Plain and simple, nothing to do with traffic because I used to drive the E46 323i in Canada and I feel it's enough for me.

But in your question you were saying we in HK don't need anything with more then 4 cylinder because of bad traffic. Nobody needs a car with more then 4 cylinder for that matter, So what is it you are really trying to say? Wants or needs? That's two different questions.

Everyone defines luxury a little differently, for me luxury is about noise level in the cabin, comfort, appointments and finishing. I really don't care about engine noise because I would probably be reading the paper or resting with my eyes shut and I don't really care if the car have enough power on tap as long as it's adequate because if you have a luxury car you should get a driver to drive it I would call my F10 an executive saloon. As you said you think the N55 is luxury and the best compromise between performance and fuel economy, that's ok but is what you think is best for your use but don't place your values on someone just because you think it is like that.

I have a bike in HK also, is for fun only not for commuting so I wouldn't want to ride in those city, is just no fun. You might do it, but I wouldn't
Here in the Northeast US and New York City area, there are a lot of short highway onramps here. I drove a 5 series with the N20 engine in sport mode trying to merge onto highway traffic going at about 70 MPH. Honestly, I had to floor the 528xi in order to merge into the highway traffic. The 535xi merge onto the same short on ramp a lot easier.
Appreciate 0