06-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #31
OEMonsterz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 535D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by x540d View Post
Are the Engine Management lights recorded on the ECU so if it goes back for warranty work they will be able to see it ?
The best map for the DTUK on the 535d 313ps is 3+1. It is the smoothest and you will not get any engine lights.
Yes, be careful if you have a warranty with BMW!!!

Anything and everything throws a check control error and gets registered in the log. I know from bad experience!

Basically I installed the chip as is (purchased used from an F10 530D owner, who had cranked the settings to a nutter level) and everything was fine until one day I tried to gun the car from a standstill. Suddenly malfunction came up (SHAT MYSELF) and the car cut off... booked it in for a check at BMW Elms Stortford ASAP. They confirmed it was an error that had just happened and it was highly likely to do with the chip.

During the diagnostic they told me of every single MINOR error, including the time and dates I replaced the interior lighting.

If you are going to do mods, bear this in mind if you have a warranty with BMW Direct! You will need someone with a PROPER DIAGNOSTIC kit to clear the errors, otherwise BMW will have you over a barrell.

I hope this helps you and anyone else!
Appreciate 0