02-01-2024, 04:18 PM   #6
JimThot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimThot View Post
So earlier it would start up and rpm’s would blip back and forth from 1000 - 2000, and then stop and idle out at normal idle rpm and then be fine. i then did the purge valve adaption method since supposedly it helped people. and after the procedure i drove the car down the block and back a couple times and it was mint with no rough running. Next morning it starts up and then rpm’s go up and down and then eventually dies. If i hold the rpm’s at 1k+ it still boggs but doesnt die out. Live data shows that rail pressure and low pressure fuel is good. I haven’t checked the throttle but it does open and close. But now that i think about it i did see the throttle reading saying 8% or 8° when the car was off and the gas pedal was not pushed down… I just found it weird that it’s acting really bad after doing the purge valve method
I reset adaptions on the car and now it struggles to turn over and when it does it instantly shuts off. This all happened because i unplugged the purge valve as people were saying online
Appreciate 1