06-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #26
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Could not have said it better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantii View Post
Some people still don't understand the concept of Homologation it appears. This is the ONLY way cars from different manufacturers and design philosophies can compete with one another on a relatively equal footing.

The M8 was created with Endurance Racing in mind and built backwords. Meaning it was designed for racing and then scaled back to a road going production version. The GTE car was already running laps and testing for almost two years, and we just had the unveiling of the 8 series car, with the M8 presumably following soon. Generally, you always have a road going car first and then is built and homologated for a specific series. This time, they started with the race car first.

I've watched the race on TV and BMW was competitive the first 5 or so hours. The commentators were really surprised how quick the cars were and were competing right up front until misfortune struck. If the suspension trouble didn't set them back several laps, the news could have read quite a bit differently, but that's racing, nothing is guaranteed.

I like the looks, it's fast, albeit doesn't quite sound as good as it looks. The RSR is the best sounding racer in the field hands down.

Let's see how they bounce back in WEC and in IMSA.
Someone who understands racing in this category versus someone who doesn’t. The important KPI is pace and the cars have it.

The reliability of components will come with more track time. If this was an hour race then the results could very much have been different.

I for one I am looking forward to seeing the car progress throughout the season and most importantly getting behind the wheel of the M8 when it is released.
Appreciate 2
pseto800.00