07-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #34
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Dude thats awesome!!! great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Gorgeous house panipuri! LOL i know what you mean by LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! i heard silicon valley is pretty damn expensive place to live! for me i'm pretty close to everything now vs before i would have to drive 50 miles just to go to Sam's Club or the mall, movie theatre and basically to see civilization lol

i got lucky with my house as the wife and i bought this in December in the middle of winter where out here in Ohio nobody buys houses in the winter. most people start house shopping around Springtime. so we had a pretty good selection of homes to choose from as we were the only bidders on this house which is 4400 sq ft on 1/2 acre lot. it was listed for $360k and we got it down to $299k. the owner's were already moved out and in Cali and basically left the house in the real estate agent's hands.

still working on the upgrades around the house but pretty much the crown moulding, door casings, baseboards and fireplace mantles are all complete. working on finishing up re-staining alot of the dining table, chairs, hutch and masterbedroom furniture! we did have to buy new kitchen appliances. bought the new Fridgidaire Gallery series from Lowe's. LOL never had so much yard before so learning how to mow wasn't the funnest day as it took a good 4 hours to do

if anything what sold me was the 3 car garage!

but here's some pictures of the crown moulding, casings and the mantle i built for the fire place.

the re-staining was tedious as you have to pretty much scuff up or sand down a bit for the new stain to work but it turned out pretty well

here's the color before:

and now satin black!

re tinting or icing if that's what you call it for the front door with the lace pattern

sorry guys i got off topic but that's okay lol!
Appreciate 1