09-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
I cruise at 80mph and at that speed, eco pro does not save any fuel for me. I tried to calculate by hand and it ended up the same as driving in comfort mode. I drive 150 miles each day so I would use eco pro to save fuel if it works at 80mph. For 75mph or less, it does save fuel. I have tried that and it saves about 15 miles for every 150 miles that I drive.
It is weird that over 75 ECO has no effect. The blue mpg and display of how many miles "saved" grey-out after 76mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht View Post
Doesn't harm the car and I don't recall there are any special instructions from BMW.

I remember my previous MB would want you to stop the car before switching between comfort and sport mode. Lol, as if I ever did that (or anyone else for that matter). I don't see those instructions with my wife's current MB - probably figured out that it was a stupid ask in the past.
There are single-lane stretches of the 395 (in Kommiefornyastan) "requiring" passing to get around slow cars and trucks. I would run in ECO and switch on-the-fly to sport to make the pass, then back to ECO.
Appreciate 0