View Single Post
      03-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #3
UA_civ_eng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Past:'11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron@Autosource View Post
If both keys produce the same problem then I would think the sensors on the car itself are either faulty(not sure how common this is, I know there are multiple ones all over the car) or there's interference from another source. Never had that issue before personally but looking into that would be my next step if it did happen with my car...
I agree, either a sensor or one of the controlling modules. I have ruled out interference. I took it to a local independent euro shop and the guys were so hesitant to dive into the problem that they didn't even let me make an appointment (maybe too much of a hassle or they are not competent). Figured I would post the problem on here to see if anybody has had a similar case in order to possibly fix it myself.

One interesting thing: At night time, when I walk up to the car with the key in my pocket, as soon as I touch the door handle, I see lights come on on the parking brake button and the emergency flasher button. Without the remote near, touching the door handle, those lights don't come on. So this tells me that the car knows that the remote is nearby and that the door handle is being touched, there is just a piece missing from the puzzle for it to send the unlock signal to the doors.
Appreciate 0