View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
NGAAutoTV
Rep
Drives: ’14 535i M Sport & 2006 Z4M

My post may discourage you slightly but it’s not intended to. I love my car.

I purchased my 2014 535i MSport in September 2017 with 28k miles. This car was my first BMW. I enjoy my car so I do open it up when I get a chance. I drive about 300-400 miles a week for work and family use. I just passed 49k miles and my car experienced it’s first major issue last week. While driving the low pressure fuel pump failed and my car stalled. It would not start. I was able to coast into a nearby gas station and called my insurance’s roadside to get the car home, then had BMW Roadside tow it to my local dealer the next day. After paying my $50 CPO deductible, my car was ready the next day. My experience was OK as I had to address some issues when I got the car back.

Am I worried about reliability? Sort of. Would I sell the car and get a more “reliable car”? Nope. For me, nothing has the same look or feel. I have accepted that this car will have its issues. After having owned Japanese made cars exclusively for the previous 18 years, I am still getting used to this notion. My Acura’s and Toyota’s had their faults as well. Honda’s notoriously have automatic transmission issues but we still own one. With BMW I can expect the same.

I plan on owning this car for as long as I can. There are common failures to watch for - serpentine belt, electric water pump, carbon build up, and both fuel pumps. Other than those issues, the F10 with the N55 is a solid car from what have I found. I’d suggest finding a reputable independent shop you can trust and build a relationship with them. You will have issues, but if you make an attempt to have your car maintained there is no reason not to trust it. There may be unexpected issues so just plan for those.
Appreciate 1