View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #13
destruct007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
You have to understand for an old timer BMW guy like me who started with E36, E46 etc - those were sport sedans out of the box. You didn't have to have an M badge to have an engaging car. BMW had engaging steering, excellent feedback - they were "drivers cars". Try driving a 2003 ZHP manual. A slow car that's super engaging to drive fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
I have yet to ever find my F10 "fun", even though it's faster and arguably more refined than other "fun" cars I've had.
I noticed the refinements of BMW through the years also softens the driving experience but gives "better track times". I used to drive a '80 320i on Mulholland drive here in LA, and it was a thrill and I was only going 25-40mph. Then, like I said above, I got a '02 330i (not ZHP but close) and I was going 45-60 to have the same feeling and knew it was getting unstafe. Now in a 535i I feel nothing at any speed, lol. There no thrill, but that's not this car is it? It's quiet, smooth, cushy, but could still be in a Jame Bond film... well, in my mind it could.

I was thinking how funny it would be to take this car to autocross. It'd drive fine, but probably handle like a boat compared to most every other car there.

I was thinking of getting a clean Z3 for the "fun". The complete opposite of this car.
Appreciate 0