Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Garage List
2023 M550  [6.75]
2019 M2 Competition  [0.00]
2002 330ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
Surround view is worth every penny. Pretty simple installation, but takes some time. Have to replace Both side mirrors (Else you have to purchase every outer piece to convert standard mirrors over to Surround mirrors, Best best is ebay) Run cable from mirror to door harness on each side, then run from door harness to rear backup camera ecu. Rear ECU has to be replaced with Surround ECU. Use REALOEM.com to identify proper part numbers. Then just have car coded by either Bimmertech.net or independent coder.

Bimmertech sells complete kit if you want to buy the whole thing from them.

Night Vision I am currently building wiring harness with assistance of Bimmertech, have to get a emulator to code it. When Installing night vision, you MUST purchase Camera and ECU from SAME car. Best bet to obtain this is to go online, and do a parts search for junk yards. Some sites will charge 5 or 10 dollars to put your request out on the network and then you will get responses.

Since Night Vision is part of the OEM harness normally, you have to custom build the harness with OEM BMW wires and connectors.

I will have night vision installed within 3 weeks as I have been slammed all Summer with work.

If you search the forums on surround view, you will find tips I have listed as well as others.
What type of connectors are on the cameras? Can you post a pic of them please? I am thinking about putting a from camera on. All I have to do is plug it in since I have a OEM rear one. I would like to save some cash and buy one that I use on the robots I fix.
Appreciate 0