View Single Post
      08-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #11
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

OK, NIGHT VISION IS FINALLY BEING FINISHED!!! WOOO HOOOO. I have spent the past several months finding the stinking right Wiring harness from "Y" connector that comes from NV Camera in grill over the the Drivers side wheel well. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE knew what harness to buy to connect the Y connection back into the Passenger compartment. Well, I ordered 5 different harnesses from our friends at www.getbmwparts.com and Jason worked with me to order these puppies from Germany and then let me return the ones that did not work. Mind you, I have been doing business with them for over ten years so they were really giving on this. The end result is now you can plug and play the HSD harness for the camera and with a BMW REPAIR kit (about 5.00 dollars), you can build the female end on the second part of the Y harness. Then run everything along factory harness (Cut Zip ties and then put them back in with new wires) and run everything into the car!

I found that you have to get to the central control module in the footwell and then pop out pin 46 and 47 for the Can Bus, build a new pin connection with 2 wires instead of the OEM one, and start plugging everything in!

TWO FREAKING years I have been researching, looking for parts, Locating Double slotted M5 grills that are painted black and then figuring out the NV camera enclosure for fitting a LCI NV grill to a Pre LCI vehicle. BUT IT IS ALMOST DONE NOW!!

I have located a person to source many of the parts from near Germany at a lower cost, Figured out how to obtain NV camera and ECU (MUST BE FROM SAME CAR for a retrofit), Located every single cable to make it look OEM and then do the wiring so not even the dealer can tell it is a retrofit.

Have been taking pictures along the way and have cleared up MANY MANY MANY questions that I have not seen ANYONE else go into detail upon. But this retrofit, ONCE you get the details figures out, is really not that hard.

Yes, you have to pull the front bumper, yes, you have to replace the air guide in the front end, Yes, you have to build parts of your harnesses, but this was not as hard as the Surround view retrofit.

As soon as I finish wiring tomorrow, and I have it coded by BimmerTech, I will post pictures of it.

This retrofit IS doable and not that hard once you get clear instructions and figure things out.

Only THREE more projects and only after three years will my F10 Msport, Dinan 550, be finally completed.
Appreciate 3