mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo View Post
Looking forward to your DIY...

Question, If I already have surround view; would I need to purchase any additional control modules? Looking at the ebay links you posted, I already have the center console controls and should have the ECU since my car has reverse, side view and top view...I think I just need the front face camera. Also, dumb question; can the night vision camera be used in the day time? like for help parking so I can watch out for parking blocks? Thats what I really want it for.
Yes, You will need a Night Vision camera AND ECU from the SAME car, dont look on ebay, do a parts request search from salvage yards. This is because the primary ECU on BMWs are coded at factory to have night vision or not. You will need to obtain an emulator from bimmertech to fool the main ECU to see the NV camera and ECU. Need a harness from NV camera to fender, a special numbered harness from Fender to inside cabin, a 2 pin BMW repair kit, build a second 2 pin harness and run into cabin, Run 2 wires into the quadlock in back of the CIC/NBT unit, 2 wires into Control Gateway Module (for Canbus connection), Power from trunk fuse box and build a couple 2-4 wire harnesses from NV ECU over to Quadlock and then over to Central Control GW module.
Appreciate 0