View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #66
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntulna View Post
Dielectric grease is a nonconductive substance, will potentially interfere with the plug connections. It is supposed to be used as a sealant, on the outside of wires and connectors. Deoxit should be used on the plug/pin surfaces for better conduction.
Thanks I did do some research into dielectric grease, the goal is for it to prevent corrosion over time which would increase resistance and potentially fry out the module prematurely.

Applied it around the opening of each pin, Never used it before and I agree that probably using it between two electric mating surfaces is probably not the best use.

As far as increasing conductivity not sure that is necessary I assume the stock connectors do a good job with that.

What i am triying to acomplish is not end up like some cases of G-series cars whrere the PDC sensors end up with water causing modules to burn out. From what I read it is a cold weather issue, where salt and snow corrodes everything.

The silicone on the back of the connectors Im not sure it will do anything as I'm not certain where the water gets in from when it does.

Still feeling uncomfortable about the headlights and the modules at the bottom, a drain at the bottom of the headlight would be the solution, but it would have to prevent water getting in.