View Single Post
      03-31-2019, 03:09 PM   #103
Sylverlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: White 535i M-Sport, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
It will depend on what you mean by lag. My car had iStep from late 2017 already (so several updates by the dealer since it was new). I'm not sure that I was experiencing much "lag" other than the joy of any turbo charged automatic. My torque converter sometimes seems out of sync with the rest of the world, causing some pausing or lurching when doing repeated suburban stop signs.

I am running linear throttle and I like it. It actually seems pretty similar to how my stock throttle adapted to driving, except that stock throttle seems almost WOT around 50-60% pedal travel. Now I seem to still get around the same amount of acceleration around 50% but there's more and more power available as I keep pressing the pedal. I'm really liking linear throttle, personally.

I never saw any appeal in pedal piggybacks that map everything into less than full pedal stoke so you think your car is faster. I can say that over the years I have noticed that transmission and throttle behaviour changes depending on how fast you apply throttle too, not just how far. Observe the different behaviour: if you're already rolling at 30mph squeeze the throttle to 50%. Next time do the same but stab it to 50%. Pedal piggybacks will confuse that too, IMO.
Thanks for the informative review! Btw what is iStep?
Appreciate 0