06-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #548
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I don't think it's fair to compare my situation to HAM's...He has earned generational wealth which completely changes the decision making process.

Speaking for myself, should I have his net worth, I'd rather have more championships than money. So, I'd be happy to take a pay cut to benefit the team and get a better car. I also don't think the net result will be a pay cut. Remember it's less guaranteed money but MORE incentive payout.

I'm not trying to discredit HAM. Just the opposite, he is no where near washed up & can afford to bet on himself. In addition, the "Tom Brady" model which I suggested should provide incentive and motivation.

So would I take a flat out pay cut? No

Would I take a pay cut with performance cash incentives to enhance additional championship hopes? YES

In the end I don't think he will make less money. He could possibly make more via a different method.

It's still just a rumor also.
By that logic virtually no one is comparable. Wages will always differ person to person within the same profession. I can’t imagine this is news to you. I also expected that response from you, quite truly. It’s dehumanizing someone to assume their wealth is the sole factor in a wage cut.

Last edited by fiveohwblow; 06-17-2021 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0