cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LdkE View Post
I drove today 2 miles home from the city - arrived in the garage and the brakes where so hot that I could not touch them. ACC was not on the whole ride today.
I've never experienced hot brakes, such as you describe, with my F10. Then again, I've only ever checked the wheel temperature after a long run on the highway, and never checked the actual temperature of the rotor. I still think that checking wheel temperature would give you an indication of overheated brakes.

When decelerating, there does seem to be a bit of increased drag due to the regenerative alternator cycle which is indicated by the blue bar in the instrument cluster when driving in normal / comfort mode. I don't think that that is what you are describing.

The only time I've actually felt the brakes bind was when it was -30C outside (-22F) or colder, and the brakes would take longer to release after a stop. This makes perfect sense given the likely thickening of the brake fluid at that temperature.

In my humble opinion, your experience is not normal and your brakes are not releasing fully when you are not braking.
Appreciate 0