View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 01:17 PM   #1
Dlucke17
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i, X5, 240sx

Android CID/CIC After Install Sound Issues

All, need some help...

I completed the Carplay install on my 2011 550i w/ CIC and since I have intermittent sound and iDrive functionality. I worry that I may have damaged the fiber optic cables but still unsure. Need some extra thoughts from you all.

This is my second install as I did my wife's X5 a couple weeks ago. That install was flawless (though the WiFi connection for Android Auto is crap at times) and gave me good pointers for the F10 install.

When I hooked everything up and moved the fiber wires to their new home, ran the AUX cable to the jack in the console, I tested the system which is when I first noted the issue. I get a BMW message "No warning Tones" on the screen, the controller does not respond and there is no sound from OEM or from AUX (radio included).

The sound rarely works, just spits out sound when it wants too, usually at the worst time and scares the crap out of the kids (yes, me tooo).

The controller and iDrive are completely hit or miss. Sometimes it acts as if nothing is wrong and I can scroll, select, etc. Other times, the "No Warning Tones" is all that is displayed and I have zero control.

Background - Recent purchase and has a rebuilt title, so some type of major damage in the past. I bring that up b/c the system and software all seems to never have been updated. With that, I have been learning and working to Code the different ECUs and update the software, so keep that in mind as a possible error I could have made.

Troubleshooting - Scouring the forums, I have read about amps going out, Fiber signals becoming an issue, damaged cables, etc., but nothing substantially pointing to ONE fault (I know, it rarely does...).

- I have disconnected everything and reconnected
- I have verified there is a red blinking light from the fiber cable at the CIC
- I have verified there is a fiber signal from all components in the trunk
- I have reset DTC codes with BimmerUtility (I'm sure this does nothing, but hell, worth a try)
- I have disconnected the battery, reconnected

I will also add that one of the recurring messages I get is the SOS calling malfunction error. No clue what that is about just yet.

THOUGHTS???

I just read this from jared21927 in a separate thread:

Did you code in BimmerCode? I had to do this for my Android sound to work

Coded:
In the Head Unit module:
CDMM_AUX_HU to active
CDMM_USB_AUDIO_SINGLE to not active
CDMM_USB_AUDIO_DOUBLE to not active

I have not tried that. My next step is to pull the amp to see if there is any corrosion. And then, head to my local pick-a-part to see if the 2011 there has the complete fiber cable intact.... Ugh, that sounds FUN....
Appreciate 0