View Single Post
      12-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #368
2011550xi
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Bang vs BMW Settlement

I heard about BangvsBMW last week and read up on qualifying for a new engine replacement. It explains you can get a free oil consumption test and if your vehicle fail's - you're likely to get a new short block. I made an appointment the very next week. Brought this up to the adviser at BMW and they were aware of this settlement, but not all the facts. He said I have to get an oil change for $75 and part of the oil consumption test is tracking the oil gauge within my next 700 miles, but if I have smoke, car can’t pass smog, or the timing gear isn't working properly he will be able to request a new short block.

After a week - I received a call from my adviser and he said my timing chain and smog test (due to valve stem seal smoke) failed, so I'm getting a new engine (short block). It will take 3 months for the engine to come in, so I can pick up my car and drive it until then. I scratched my head and said I want a rental, if my car can't pass smog it can't be on the road. He will get me a rental, but BMW is trying not to cover rentals because the amount of backorders in engines at the moment.

Last edited by 2011550xi; 12-17-2018 at 09:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00