Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbohori View Post
Car was serviced at multiple BMW Dealerships since I purchased the car.
Took care of everything BMW told me.
Car drove amazing all the time.
Just took a cross country trip with my father last Summer from New Mexico to Miami.

Brought it in in November 2018, spent $2000 on what BMW suggested I complete

Then, rough idle started in January 2019, family members told me to bring it in.

Brought in in because I picked up a nail (AS USUAL with me) bought two new Run Flat tires and had alignment and then the SA said, btw there's about $6000 worth of work that needs to be done on the engine...

Complete surprise to me...Nothing ever seemed wrong until it started vibrating. No warning lights, no error messages, just great performance like I always expected from a 5 Series.

Currently in talks with Service Manager and BMW Customer Relations.

My car issue is Timing Chain, Engine Oil Housing and Engine Mounts.
That's interesting. I'm not sure if your issue is the same as mine where the time chain guides are failing, for which BMW extended the warranty to 7/70. The early signs of this failure are an unusual whine when accelerating until the guides break and possibly destroy the engine. If the sound is caught early enough (thanks to this board I was able to detect the sound), then timing chain and guides are replaced. Maybe in your case its something else. But still, sucks that this engine a piece of shit, especially because I enjoy this car so much otherwise.
Appreciate 0