View Single Post
      03-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #49
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

My '15 is still under the factory warranty. Last week I brought it in for my local dealer, the selling dealer, to find a persistent rattle I thought was in the passenger door.

Good: They opened up promptly and got my car into the bay at 7:30 am. They have free espresso coffee. And the body tech spotted the problem right away and found the cause, a lipstick (!) trapped in an under-seat air vent.

Bad: I told the service bay person that I was walking to a diner for breakfast and would be back in an hour. "Call me if there are any problems." Off I went. Back at the dealership at 8:30, I sat, and sat. No one called me or came to find me. Finally at 9:30 I located the service advisor (no sign on his desk, so I didn't know where to find him when I came in). He looked at me, astonished. "We thought you left! We always ask a customer to wait a few minutes so I can talk to him about the car."

"Well," I growled, "nobody told me that, and nobody called me."

So, after another 30 minutes, the body tech came out and solved the problem. Upshot: I was there for almost three hours instead of the one hour it should have taken, because nobody told me to wait and they all assumed I had left the dealership.

I've been waiting for one of those cheery little "How Was Our Service?" emails, so I could detail my dissatisfaction with the experience, but nada.

Like many of you, I plan, once the warranty is up in August, to use my regular independent mechanic for things I can't do myself.
Appreciate 0