02-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #13
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNus View Post
I will try to be diplomatic while landing at the same point. The only people I see driving 13 year old Bentley Continental GTs fall into three categories. Those who are the original owners; usually old men or women who don't drive them often, people who buy them dirt cheap and pretend to be the original owner, or people who think nobody will notice that the car looks considerably different now then it did 13 years ago and pass it off as newer.

For OP, I have known quite a few people that have had a version of this car over the years. I like them, but maintenance is a killer. From a technology standpoint they are really dated and it is apparent just sitting in one. The interiors also show wear pretty badly after a certain point. I won't try to guess what your reasoning is for wanting one. Unless you are going to grab an older one and then just go insane on it and mod the hell out of it, dump it on airbags, wheels and do some wild paint or plastidip then I would advise you against it. If it is a dream car I would look into the V8 version which started in 2011. Those are running between 70-80K with more reasonable miles and without the giant iverhead of the V12.

I will back this up. Although not as cool as a W12, the later V8 cars drive better, are faster, have more updates, and will be more reasonable to maintain.

If nothing else, at least try to go for a Speed model if you're going with an earlier car.
Appreciate 0