View Single Post
      12-05-2023, 02:39 PM   #6
T3PO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Virginia has gone after people. I do see them here though. I think it's just a matter of time...then they get your back taxes with usurious interest. The state law is pretty clear that if the car is in VA, it has to be registered VA.

Somewhat related, I was living in NC, but due to things going on in my company, I had to go to the N. VA offices a lot. Apparently, they have these license plate readers on cars trolling parking lots looking for tax evaders or warrants etc. After several months, $1,000 is removed from my bank account from the local county where the office was. I was totally perplexed and astounded my bank would just allow money taken out of my account. But I call the county tax office and they said my car had been photographed there and was in violation of not being registered in the state. I had to explain that it wasn't even a home, it was an office and had to tell them the whole story along with providing google maps photos to prove the location I was at was an office, not residential. Eventually got my money back but I wonder how many people they get who roll over.

Bottom line more power to you if you can get away with it, I don't seem to be able to.
Good insight, I noticed CO has some similar wording, but wonder how it works for a car liscensed under an out of state LLC. This is where the attorney will come into play!
Appreciate 0