United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNicholas View Post
Thanks!

Yeah the windy weekend definitely showed me what is yet to come

Where do you wax your car? How much does it cost? I just got mine done today (clay bar, remove the sap, wax, polish) for around $150. They did a decent job, but I think they could've done better on the windshield. It still has some tiny specs on it unfortunately.

The car cover will primarily be for when I travel. Otherwise I'll get a wash in once every two weeks most likely. Maybe even use a pressure washer every week just to keep it fresh.

Does anyone recommend any specific car covers?
Due to lack of good shops around town with decent prices, I pretty much became a semi-pro detailer over the years. I do all of my own details at my house. When I did not have a place to wash my own car, I took it to one of those self wash places with my own buckets and did everything there. (Brown Bear Car Wash on Leary Way)

A good / quality detail around here is not cheap. Not sure what they did to your car for $150. To do it right, you will have to spend much more.

The shops I would recommend are Metropolitan Detail or NW Auto Saloon.

Unfortunately, they are both not in downtown area and they are not cheap. Heck, we don't even have hand car wash places in Seattle. If you are used to getting your car washed, it will be an adjustment for sure if you are after quality.

I am at a stage that I don't let anyone but me touch my car.

For car covers, either go with OEM or do some research on CACar Covers. I have heard good things about their products.

Here is a link:

https://www.calcarcover.com/n_carcovermaterials/All#
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0