02-06-2023, 11:30 AM   #48
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
It goes deeper than just saying enforcement. There is already an existing Florida law that states slower traffic should move right, but it's inadequate. That why this new Bill specifically states you should not be in the left lane unless passing. Period.

So for example where I live in Ontario, the law states if you're moving at less than the normal speed of traffic then you should move over to the right where practical. That's pretty vague! So then that means you can camp in the left lane as long as you're within normal traffic speed? Doesn't give much for Police to go on, probably not worth the trouble of ticketing someone unless it's outright blatant violation like going 30 in a 60 zone or something.

I suspect some States have the same issue. The wording of the Florida Bill, however, is quite explicit: if you're not passing, then get out of the left lane. That puts the Police in a better position to enforce. At least in theory.

How would you enforce a left lane law? IMO it would be incredibly difficult and is similar to reckless driving.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0