06-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Those with coilovers: related questions

Hi all:

I have KWv3s on the way for my 535 X-Drive. They have to come from Germany so I'm waiting a while. In the meantime I have a few questions for those who have done coilovers.

1/ what did you end up finalizing on for sway bars? The coilovers should take out a lot of roll, squat and nosedive from what I've seen. I'm curious whether stock, non-sport, X-Drive sway bars will be sufficient once again. Right now I'm running M5 front and H&R 20mm rear.

2/ Did you end up changing sway bar endlinks to shorter ones? Not sure that it's necessary. I'm probably dropping 1" maximum.

3/ I got OE strut tops from FCP on the way too so that I can assemble the package with fresh strut hats. What did you end up doing?

4/ What did you select for ride height? I have 19" style 351Ms for summer and 18" style 237s for winter. I'm looking to have it not looked jacked up in the summer, I'm not looking for slammed, and my largest wheels are 19s. I'm looking for that "perfect" look that older option 704 RWD cars had. The RWD option 704 F10s are, I think, only 10mm lower than my stock ride height. I might be looking to lower up to 1" equally all around (20-25mm). I would like easy alignments, no weird camber problems, etc...

5/ Any other advice?
Appreciate 0