m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordRE View Post
Thanks Mark, I really want to reject the car but up until today it felt like it was more hassle than it was worth. But, having had the drivetrain fault on the courtesy car, I'm fed up with this whole situation so am considering pushing BMW for a replacement or my money back.
Just keep in mind that even though the dealer might push you back to BMW UK and BMW UK might push you back to BMW financial services, your contract of sale stays with the dealer and you need to be confident that the dealer (and in this case the Dealer Principle) knows that your are looking at them to sort this out.

BMW does have a returns policy but only the Dealer Principle can make it happen. Make this guy your friend, get him on side and don't allow yourself to get pushed backwards and forwards. Let the dealer have the difficult conversations with BMW

Also don't assume the DP knows the situation. In my case, the first he knew about it (after months or problems) was when I walked into his office and deposited a set of keys on his desk. The service guys didn't want to bother him.

Once he was engaged, things got easier