View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

I'm having the same.

Took it to Discount Tire for balancing, it was a bit better, but still there (around 75 mph). Took it back, they said they thought both driver-side wheels were out of round/bent, and recommended new wheels. I specifically went to DT because they advertise road force balancing, but for whatever reason, they didn't use it the 1st time. ??

Not being ready to drop a couple thousand on new wheels and tires (I really like the OEM 351 double-spoke wheels, and 2 of the Pirelli run-flats were brand new when I bought the car), I decided to find a different shop.

The 1st time at the new shop, which also has road force balancing and advertise they can straighten wheels, they said the front driver's side wheel was definitely bent. They charged $150 for straightening the wheel, and did a road force balance on all 4.

Still had very similar vibration issues, it might have been a tiny bit better. So took it back again, where it's waiting to be looked at by the expert who straightened the one wheel. Apparently, he is at a different location, and they only took the one wheel over, this time he will check all of the wheels.

Maddening!
Appreciate 0