08-24-2021, 05:20 AM   #16
Ryanlocc
4mEVO92535I
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBoost View Post
By the way, the car still shows this code. Someone a few posts up mentioned an issue that could be possible due to the low pressure fuel pump. The car runs great but I still cannot figure out this code. A local indi mechanic even suggested the car could've had an ECU or engine swap at some point!

If I ever sort this out, I'll come back to clean out this thread. I still have a few things to do on the car but overall it runs well enough to be my daily so it's not a priority but still on the very long list of things to do.
That must be so irritating ideal with. I looked on mine and It's in the same place as the N54 which is right where yours isn't. What was your code exactly? Are you sure it's not the part on the fuel Line itself? Also it could be your DME that is bugged out. A 535i I once fixed has the same code and we changed the sensor and tried to clear the code and it wouldn't. We tried on 3 different tools. Then we went and changed the pump all other sensors and still toproblem remained. I then decided to check the DME and sure thing the code went away. i even put back on his old sensor and pump and the code was gone. I plugged back in the old DME and the code returned. I'm wondering though if you have followed the line and checked every sensor. If you have the stock line the sensoyou are looking for is Brass in color and sticks out easily. If. You find it and it doesn't erase the code then check the DME. I just hope it's not the low pressure sensor that is inside the gas tank. There are two sensors on there the high pressure sensor is on the side of the gas tank that you can pull out the low pressure sensor is on the other side and you can't take it out... The only way to change that sucker is with the whole gas tank being changed. Hope any of this info checked. Btw My three buds all said it's either the sensor on the line or the gas tank. I say it might be the DME. However if the system is saying the low pressure sensor is bad it's because there is 100% without a doubt a sensor there. Just not on the block i guess your engine was mostly pit on in the UK i heard. They have them over there without a sensor on the block you should look around a UK forum and ask. If you are plugged into your cars system with the BMW app look at the fuel pressure rating there. The low should be on 72. The low pressure sensor tells the high pressure sensor what to do pretty much. If it's really bad it can be messing up the whole pump and even the engine to the point where it won't stay on when you start the car so try finding osensor before you drive around over 300miles or so because it will get bad. Of on the app the low pressure sensor is at 72 you should have no problem the high pressure is at 120-140ish depending on how you are driving.
Appreciate 0