07-10-2023, 01:47 PM   #21
Foxes
Private
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolx80 View Post
Hi there! Also having same issue at the moment. When my valvetronic is turned on, having high pressure in intake manifold(~950hPa). Engine runs rough and misfires especially on cold starts. When valvetronic is turned off engine runs fine and intake manifold pressure is about 300hPa and a fault code 101F01 is gone. Also have smoke tested, no leaks were found. Checked all sensors and all works good. Checked the valvetronic servomotor also works fine. Also replaced valve cover but everything is the same. Cant understand why intake manifold has high pressure when valvetronic works. Any thought?

P.S did you solved your problem?
Apologies for the awfully late reply, been pretty caught up with work as of late. I did another smoke test and found a small leak that would otherwise have gone unnoticed. Try pulling off the bung that goes to the fuel breather solenoid and smoke test from there. Saw faint hints of smoke seeping through the connection between the charge pipe and throttle valve. Replaced my CP with an ER one and the idle smoothed out a fair bit. However, occasionally I'd still get slight idle sputters albeit greatly reduced compared to when I first posted this issue.
Let me know how it does and if you were able to spot any leaks from your CP.
Appreciate 0