NikoNJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 535I xDrive 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA_civ_eng
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoNJ View Post
I have my 2015 535i for 9 months now and I cant stand my windshield. This is my 4th car (3 of them were 5 series') and on every one of my 5's the windshield always gets this weird sparkly look. It looks like there is something on it. My driveway has NO trees, I wash it weekly, the roads are newly paved. Why the hell does this keep happening and HOW DO I FIX IT??
I would guess you're talking about sand pitting. As you drive, over time, sand, dirt, and salt hit the windshield, causing thousands of tiny little chips, pits, or whatever you want to call them. These tiny little pits reflect light and will show the most when driving into the sun in my experience. There is no easy fix for this. However, if you really want them gone, you can polish the windshield with cerium oxide. Just search online and you can find an in depth explanation and how-to videos of how to use the stuff.
Cerium oxide? Never heard of it. I'm guessing it's like some type of polish. Well thanks for the help. I think after I fix it I am going to get the 3m uv protector and wrap the front window on the outside. BC although it's such a little thing. I can't stand washing my car for 2 hours and at the end of it, it still looks as if I never cleaned the windshield lol
Appreciate 0