View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
mness
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMacht View Post
I'm also looking at getting an extended warranty as my CPO is up next month. With Route 66, did they authorize Genuine BMW parts for replacements or remanufactured parts? Also, I read that for Route 66, you have to cover taxes, shop fees, and diagnostic fees. How much did that come out to for this?
I had to pay the taxes, there were no "shop fees" or "diagnostic fees" that's probably up to the shop. More than half of the cost was labor ($225/hr, SF Bay area), these were the only parts over $100:
Rear axle: $3415
Drive Shaft: $1780
Turbo pressure converter: $191
Everything else was gaskets, bolts, fluids, etc nothing over $100.
So I paid about $1000, about $500 was tax and the rest due to the blue book cap. Still, while I'd expect no pushback on the obvious failures of the pressure converter and drivetrain, I was pleasantly surprised that the expensive oil leaks were covered, since those seems to be a common issue to expect to pay out-of-pocket as these cars age. Again, my BMW SA said they were great to work with, though diligent in sending someone to see the car before the work and again after.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, SAT, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Appreciate 0