View Single Post
      08-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #101
Vinfast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 550i M-Sport

I like them much better than the H&Rs I had. There is no more bounce, but like I've told several other members, the front end still seems a little too soft when hitting bigger dips in the road, but since I'm not an expert on springs, and no expert is in the car with me, I don't know if the culprit is the softer OEM struts, or the rebound spring rate on the springs. Everyone I've spoken with that has ACS springs love them, but most of them have 535s so I don't know if it's just the extra weight of the 550i or if the ACS spring rate is better than the RDs. I wish I knew someone who lives close to me who has a 550 on ACS springs to tell the difference, or even if there is a difference. I could try just putting ACS on the front if they would sell them separately --- probably NOT SOLD SEPARATELY! Maybe next car in 2.5 years will try all ACS.

I just had 10mm spacers put on the front, and it looks SOOOO much better with the front wheels being flush with the fender. THANKS Rob for the advice!!! Will post more pics with the spacers when I get a chance.
Appreciate 0