United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i montego blue - 2011

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by antaholics View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuthy335 View Post
You don't have to start a separate thread. I don't mind you posting yours here at all. If anything it would help others on here to see different members at work under one thread. I'm all for sharing. ?. I'm actually gonna wrap my car again here soon. Gonna change color again. Lol. So I'll post and keep adding on to the thread.

1. With or without removing the headlight on that concave area. You can get it to conform into the area and under. Just lightly heat it and push it in little by little. When you heat the vinyl you'll be able to tuck it in easily in that area.

2. I didn't remove my window trim to tuck the vinyl in. If your squeegee is thin enough on the edge. You should be able use that and push the vinyl under it for a nice tuck. Or use a credit card or something and gently push it under. That should give it a nice tuck. If you use a credit card or some sort. Too much pressure will rip the vinyl pretty easily. Be careful with that. Then I use an exacto knife and slide the blade underneath to make the cut.

You shouldn't need to remove too many parts at all for the f10. Door handles (easy), tail lights (easy), headlights, (if bumper is off should be easy. I would highly recommend removing the headlights. Then put bumper back on to wrap). Grill, emblems, reflectors (if needed)
[IMG] https://faphjw.bn1302.livefilestore....&cropmode=none[/IMG]

The bottom of the headlight is very tight to the quarter panel and I wan't able to get it tucked in without ripping ... what am I doing wrong here?
Heat and fold in a little so that it hooks. Then cut the excess vinyl off leaving about quarter of an inch hanging past the edges. After you cut, now beginning to fold in. If it becomes tight. Give it a little heat and it'll loosen up and then tuck in. Are you using a glove that's design for wrapping cars or just bare hands? The gloves makes a huge difference.
Appreciate 0