04-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #46
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I’m just trying to finish a AA degree (undecided major). I have 18 credits left. I know it makes no sense but I’m being honest.

I like to cook and work on cars, but I’m a firm believer I’m better than a blue collar job (no disrespect to anyone). I want to be able to make a decent living and be happy for once. Watching all my friends on Facebook have families and move forward with their lives makes me depressed. It’s like a slap in the face to me, so I’ve kept my distance from those people.
I think you have 18 out of 60 credits left? If so you are over 2/3 finished and I would complete it. At some point in life this may help you and finishing it will also give you a goal you wanted to get to and then accomplished.

I would also assume living at home you are able to save a lot of money, you should be doing this also. While doing these two you should look at job listings to see what matches up with what you want to do and what you are capable of doing (possibly additional school or training needed). If living at home with a decent job I would expect expenses are very low and possible your next step in life should be easier to accomplish with some type of savings.

Forget about the time and money wasted to date, past doesn't matter, and figure out what you want to do with your life and how you will get there.